Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Favorite Song

The large stereo cabinet stood in the living room of my childhood home. It played my mom's favorite records and even 8-tracks.  It took up a lot of space being about 6 feet wide and 4 feet tall.  I loved my mom's stereo. I spent hours listening to my mom's favorite singers, including Barbara Streisand, Petula Clark, Jim Nabors and a few others.  Though I knew I couldn't sing, I would still sing along to my favorites (usually I waited until I would be home alone, before belting out the songs.)

As I grew up listening to these songs, I learned to love a great ballad.  I considered "The Impossible Dream" to be my favorite then as I listened to Jim Nabors sing it.  I love that song to this day.  I dream I can actually sing that song, but that's definitely the Impossible Dream.  For now, I will simply enjoy listening to the song, and using it as a theme for my life.  As I face my challenges and overcome my imperfections, I hope to endure and to learn from my life, and to make my life all it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Foundation of Our Society is Strong Families

Last month, the Denver City Council approved to open a safe injection site, where drug users could come and use illegal drugs in a safe ...