Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Lantern to Remember



In remembrance of my mom who passed away in November 2011, I gathered with my children to let off Chinese Lanterns.  Our first attempt was at the beach, but when the sun went down, the wind kicked up, and it was too windy.  We drove back home and stopped at the grassy area by our church.  One by one we sent them off into the air, the last one I held onto until it filled with air and it wanted to soar.  I occasionally write poems, and I came home that night and wrote a poem about this experience in connection with my thoughts about my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Foundation of Our Society is Strong Families

Last month, the Denver City Council approved to open a safe injection site, where drug users could come and use illegal drugs in a safe ...