Thursday, June 14, 2012

Moving -- Always an Adventure

In 1995, my husband graduated from college and we set out on a new adventure.  As we drove the rental van towards the midwest, we could not imagine the course our lives would take. Six states later and an average of a move every 2.4 years created many new adventures. For each place we called home, I tried to focus not on where we used to live, but on where we currently lived.  Some moves required a longer adjustment period, other moves we quickly acclimated to our new home.  Some people ask me which place I consider to be my favorite.  I really don't know which I would label my favorite.  I identify each place with the memorable stories and with different challenges. Though moving is difficult, I have learned to adapt, to be open-minded, to seek God's will and guidance through our many changes.  We know the word "change" very well.  I love seeing new parts of the country, meeting new people, and creating new experiences.  Moving, with all its ups and downs, proves to be an adventure. I have come to accept that this is my life, and I'm determined to make the best of each new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Foundation of Our Society is Strong Families

Last month, the Denver City Council approved to open a safe injection site, where drug users could come and use illegal drugs in a safe ...