Thursday, October 24, 2013

I Answer, "Yes, absolutely!"


There are moments in life when you stand back in amazement and awe.  For me that occurs when I witness the hand of God in my life – through his watchful care or sweet miracles or help through difficult challenges.  Today, I am on the other side of the difficult challenge of this past year.  With Ray changing jobs, the job in New Jersey not working out, and a new job in Minnesota, and then trying to put all the pieces of one move and then another together, followed by a challenging summer, I can honestly say, God went before me, walked with me, and was always there to catch me when I fell. But now, we are settling in, enjoying the challenge of building our home, and feeling very blessed.

Instead of moving to Minnesota and getting a job, I am the Project Manager on the house we are building.  At first, I was daunted by this task, but I figured after a daunting year of solving problem after problem that I was up for this challenge. Ray and I have never built a house before and some discouraged us from this undertaking.  But we just live our crazy life regardless of the opinions of others

My husband and I found a lot – where peace and nature surround us.  It is truly an amazing and beautiful setting.  It is something Ray and I have always dreamed of – building our own home in a peaceful setting. 

We could have let fear or inexperience stop us from taking on the task of building a home, but instead we jumped it with both feet and with the help of our good friend, Paul, we have begun to watch our new home take shape.  Paul, Ray, and I are teamed up to see this project through. As we have contracted out the work, I have discovered a part of myself I didn’t really know.  I love making decisions and I can make quick decisions (maybe its all the experience of putting so many moves together).  I love researching, looking at options, studying it out in my mind, and then making a choice – cabinets, flooring, countertops, paint, doors, the list goes on and on. Every decision rests on our shoulders and there are many decisions required to get a house up and off the ground. We have an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to fulfill a long-life dream.  As the walls go up, as the roof is placed on, as I watch this home come together, I recall the day I stood and prayed on the beach in California over a year ago, trying to figure out our next step when things weren’t falling into place.   And these were the words that came to my mind in answer to my prayer,

“Do you trust Me?  Can you trust Me in this? Even when things don’t work out as you thought they would?”

 I answer, “YES, absolutely!”    

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Foundation of Our Society is Strong Families

Last month, the Denver City Council approved to open a safe injection site, where drug users could come and use illegal drugs in a safe ...