Friday, July 27, 2012

I am not alone for I have a strong foundation


At times in my life, I find myself alone.  Sometimes, I feel alone because I moved and it takes time to create friendships.  Sometimes, I feel alone as I battle my inner struggles of fear, discouragement, and negativity.  Sometimes, I feel alone because I separate myself from the world and stand for what I believe, unwilling to let worldly influences overtake me.  Sometimes, I feel alone weighed down by the struggles of parenting and of trying to teach children correct principles.
Then, I look and see the bricks and the mortar which make up my foundation, and I realize I am not truly ever alone.  Instead of withering in grief and despair, I seek solace, and know I may stumble, but I cannot fall because I have a sure foundation, solidly built by many hands, and that knowledge carries me through.  I weather the stormy clouds and seek help upon my knees, in the scriptures, through the comforting words of others, through recalling my past experiences, and through seeking perspective.  And I come to understand--I am not alone for I have a strong foundation built brick upon brick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Foundation of Our Society is Strong Families

Last month, the Denver City Council approved to open a safe injection site, where drug users could come and use illegal drugs in a safe ...